“The most comfortable boardies I’ve surfed in!”
The Afends Hemp Boardshorts are awesome. By far the most comfortable boardies I’ve surfed in, made of a fabric that’s much more sustainable than traditional materials and by wearing them you support a grassroots Australian brand – win win win.
In PNG this year I started to get pretty bad boardshort rash after 2 days in normal polyester shorts, swapped over to my hemp pair and after 5-6 hours of surfing a day for the next week they gave me no dramas at all. Afends have removed the in-leg seam so that its all one piece of fabric and you can surf all day in ultimate comfort. The shorts also have a side zip pocket to keep any belongings safe in or out of the water, it also has a key loop and is the perfect size to keep a pair of reef pocket boots in.
I can also 100% recommend Afends hemp walkshorts and tees for your time out of the water – both are super comfy and get better the longer you have them wearing in not out.
Here’s a few reasons why hemp is great (for more info checkout the below video);
- No chemicals or pesticides are required
- It requires far less water than cotton (the Murray-Darling will appreciate that)
- It has an extremely quick growth rate and sucks up CO2 4x faster than trees do (making it a great way to fight climate change)
- 53% Hemp, 44% Recycled Polyester & 3% Elastine
- Side zip pocket with key loop
- Adjustable pull through draw chord
- No in-leg seam for rash-free surfing
- UV resistant and hypoallergenic
- Recycled polyester reduces landfill by recycling plastic bottles
Blogged By: Tim