“Perfect for those early morning winter sessions with freezing wind”
At the start of this winter along with a 3/2 zip free, I also ordered a 4/3mm chest zip for the freezing early morning sessions and went with the Flash Bomb as the quick dry lining is better than sliced bread. I wore it for the first time last Wednesday during the big south swell and the thicker neoprene/rubber panels were perfect for combating the wind chill during long gaps between sets. Despite having 3mm over my shoulders the suit was surprisingly comfortable to paddle in and I had no trouble during my 4 hour session in it.
This year’s chest zip Flash Bomb’s (both 3/2 & 4/3mm) now include an exterior liquid seal as well as the interior neoprene tape, which will keep the seams completely water tight for even longer.
- Chest zip entry
- Rubber panels on the chest/back
- New E5 neoprene
- New E5 flash dry lining (from chest to ankles)
- Double sealed seams; E5 taped interior and new aquaban liquid seal exterior
- Ridiculously warm
- Rubber chest/back panels are great at blocking cold wind
- Flash lining means you can surf almost immediately after taking it off
- Too warm for the Newcastle area during Autum/Spring
- Not as comfortable too paddle in as a 3/2mm
Blogged By: Tim