“The best GoPro ever”
The Hero 5 Black incorporates all the unbelievable specifications of the Hero 4 Black but with a touch screen, a tonne of new features and capabilities and all for $170 cheaper!
These updates include:
- A 2-inch touch screen
- Voice control for most camera functions
- 10m waterproof without a housing
- Built in video stabilisation
- Auto upload to cloud capabilities
- RAW as well as JPEG photographs
- Simple one-button control to start filming on startup
The camera can shoot 4k video at 30fps which will still look crystal clear even on a huge TV, and if you want to slow down your footage you can drop down to HD 1080p at 120fps which will stay smooth at 1/5th speed (plenty of other settings also exist).
You can also shoot photo bursts at 30fps, time lapses and night photos at 10, 20 and 30 second exposures. Although these night shots won’t come out as well as those taken on a DSLR you can easily shoot night landscapes, stars, etc. and do time lapses with it.
I took my Hero 5 to Japan snowboarding and it was really durable getting knocked around in the cold and the voice control made using it with gloves on super easy. Having a screen also makes it a lot easier to frame your shots when using it in the surf and access to instant playback is awesome
- Voice control is easy to use
- Video/Photo quality is unbelievable
- Touch screen makes changing settings/modes quick and easy
- Touch screen doesn’t work very well when wet
Blogged By: Tim